The Bid Project Director, Rail reports directly to the Vice President, Infrastructure and is responsible for all aspects of the bidding process and construction of major projects within the Rail division. They are involved at an early stage in the development of the project, development of the procurement plan, and have a leadership role in the execution team.
As a Bid Project Director, Rail at Graham you will:
- build and mentor a productive, cohesive bid team with the ability to successfully follow through with a winning bid from inception to completion
- be responsible for ensuring a successful completion of projects, their profitability, and for retaining owners as continuing clients of the company
- be responsible for the comprehensive management of bid schedule and budget
- collaborate throughout project phases including planning, preparation, monitoring, analysis and strategizing
- develop client relationships by offering operational and financial solutions, and understanding/anticipating their needs
- maintain client relationships through execution excellence
- review and negotiate contracts
- liaise with management and legal counsel as appropriate
- handle projects and operational staffing planning - hire, coach/mentor, provide direction, and review performance
- oversee project operations, engineering, methods and procedures
- manage and control the project progress, costs and budgets throughout the project life
- advise the General Manager on project status and results in a timely fashion
To be Successful at Graham, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
- Successful completion of a MBA along with a Civil Engineering degree
- 10 years construction industry experience in a management level position
- 15 or more years of rail and water construction supervision, design, or project management
- Responsible for tendering up to 1 Billion dollar rail projects along with some experience on highways and water bids
- Experience working on P3 pursuits and/or execution experience, working with multi-million dollar projects
- Experience in gaining major bids with joint venture partners
- Proven management of successful infrastructure and construction bids
- Strong presentation and negotiating skills, experience supervising, training and mentoring staff
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time, permanent role
- Competitive salary with annual bonus potential: $170,000 - $210,000
- Comprehensive benefits package, including:
- company matched pension plan
- Ownership and long term equity opportunities
- Vehicle allowance
- Possibility of relocation assistance
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada for anyone other than the current employer.
Work location will be based out of the Calgary Operations office:
- Calgary Operations Office
10909 - 27 St SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3V9
What we can offer you:
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Grounded and family-oriented workplace in a progressive environment that is at the forefront of a fast evolving business sector
- Commitment to the training and wealth of opportunities for career development across job categories, project types and locations around North America
Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Graham does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
We're Building careers, not filling jobs!
- View available job opportunities and submit your application online by clicking on the provided "Apply" button. Applications will only be accepted as online submissions through the Graham Website.
- Please, no unsolicited resumes or phone inquiries from agencies. Thank you.
Graham Management Services LP
10840 - 27th Street SE
Calgary, AB T2Z 3R6