Canfor is one of the world's largest and most respected integrated forest products companies. For more than 75 years, we have been delivering top-quality lumber, pulp and paper products to our valued customers worldwide. With operations in Western Canada and the Southern United States, and sales offices around the world, you can find Canfor products in every corner of the globe. We are leaders in sustainable forest management and in converting wood residuals into green energy.
Canfor is growing and changing. Its Information Technology team, platforms and services are transforming. A unique opportunity exists to join us as we consolidate and modernize systems, simplify our platforms and revolutionize our services to deliver best in class service to customers.
The Manager, Manufacturing Systems is responsible for leading the technology standards and architecture for our IT systems that support operations groups, business solutions group for our pulp, paper and lumber operations. This manager leads the systems group who support pulp, paper and lumber manufacturing operations from procurement (raw materials and asset management/MRO) thru to finished goods inventory. He/she is an expert in optimizing manufacturing and asset management processes.
As a true business solution provider the Manager collaborates with the pulp & paper and lumber leadership teams to ensure systems strategies, plans and resources are aligned to the critical business priorities of each group. He/she develops and implements an appropriate strategy to ensure alignment and support for both organizations operations plans.
- Lead planning and demand management for the pulp, paper and wood products groups.
- Responsible for the program management and project delivery of all initiatives, utilizing the standard methods and practices set by IT Leadership.
- Manage application procurement, development, and support
- Accountable for all requirements gathering, design, and delivery for all platforms from procurement of raw material to completion of finished good.
- Manages release and deployment management in conjunction with the Enterprise IT Services team to ensure high quality services and service transition for customers.
- Manages all application related support requests escalated from the Service Delivery team.
- Line reporting relationship: General Manager, Information Technology
- Functional reporting relationship: VP, Operations Pulp & Paper, SVP Operations
- Internal relationships with: Pulp and Lumber business stakeholders and teams, other functionally aligned IT systems teams and IT operations / service desk teams.
- External relationships with: Software vendors and consulting firms
- Supervising a group of 8 staff
- Project delivery including capital for the service area
- Staff performance management and development
- Solution delivery and sustainment according to service level objectives
- Client/customer satisfaction for areas served
- System integrity and performance
- Operating expenditures for the service area
- Department staffing including performance management evaluation
- Work assignment within department
- Operating expenses (approximately $1-2M annually)
- Project (and capital expenditure) management (budget will vary but typically $250 - $1.5M depending on business need and system replacement lifecycles)
- Degree (or Diploma) in Information Technology or equivalent
- Project management certification an asset (PMP, Prince2, or similar)
- Extensive experience in technology positions, preferably application development and support in a process manufacturing environment
- Proven experience of effectively leading and managing a technology team
- Previous experience supporting significant Manufacturing systems implementations including: Data historians, MRO systems, and associated business reporting and intelligence systems.
- Experience with delivery and optimization of enterprise data historians (Aspen or OSI), MRO systems (Oracle, SAP, or IBM Maximo), and reporting/BI platforms.
- Demonstrated experience managing delivery of enterprise-wide multi-stakeholder projects
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team skills
There has never been a better time to join the Canfor team and become part of the modern forest industry. We have a wide range of rewarding careers in some of the best communities in North America, with plenty of room for advancement. Our mills are modern, high-tech and safe; and our marketing and sales activities are world-class. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages, and are committed to the professional development of our employees.
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook for Canfor news, career opportunities, and upcoming events!
Prince George, BC
Known as BC's Northern Capital, Prince George is city that offers big city comfort and convenience, but small town serenity and sensibilities. As the largest city in northern BC, Prince George is a hub of industry, offering numerous employment opportunities and is home to the University of Northern British Columbia. This region's temperate climate creates a lush environment of emerald-green forests and ample opportunities for outdoor activity. For more information, visit http://canfor.com/our-company/our-communities/prince-george