Production Manager Newmarket
Lotek Wireless Inc.
Lotek Wireless Inc, now in its 32nd year of business, is leading the industry supplying telemetry solutions to the Fish and Wildlife research communities. Our dedicated employees working from five offices and four manufacturing plants proudly lead the industry in technical and scientific expertise serving customers in over 80 countries worldwide.
The Production Manager (Newmarket) is responsible to manage and coordinate through production staff the efficient operation of all production area activities achieving the required production schedules, quality and cost objectives. The position reports to the Director of Operations. The position is located in Newmarket Ontario.
- Organize production work, workflow, work cells and production staff to meet product delivery specifications and deadlines.
- Work closely with engineering to facilitate timely and cost effective Concurrent Engineering and New Product Introductions.
- Liaise with other production managers and sales (both in plant and out of plant) to determine achievable customer focussed delivery dates in an environment where product deliveries are extremely time sensitive and critical.
- Coordinate with other plant production managers to load balance short term production.
- Develop staff loading plans to support production plan schedules and forecasts.
- Proactively train, cross train and mentor production staff on work and quality procedures.
- Conduct annual performance reviews of production staff.
- Resolve production problems (with production, engineering and sales) and scheduling issues in a timely, cost effective and customer focussed fashion.
- Ensure awareness and compliance to all applicable employment, environmental, health and safety legislation by all production personnel.
- Work with Human Resources to attract, develop, motivate and retain high calibre staff in a cost effective and timely manner for both full time and temporary positions.
- Conduct production tours as required.
- University degree or college diploma in Production Management, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- 10 years minimum experience in an electronic/electromechanical manufacturing environment along with a minimum of 5 years of managing production teams.
- Hands on experience and formal training in Concurrent Engineering (DFX) and New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Hands on experience in auxiliary production functions including production planning, inventory control, purchasing and shipping.
- Hands on experience and intimate knowledge of lead and lead free soldering techniques (including RHOS), Quality standards, IPC standards, working with (under) microscopes, PCB manufacturing (SMT and through hole), electromechanical assembly, encapsulation, conformal coating, vacuum equipment, WHIMS, CE, CSA, UL and WEEE.
- Proficient in MRP and ERP systems including Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Ability to maintain a positive, motivational and cooperative attitude with all internal and external employees in a dynamic environment where reprioritization and juggling of objectives is the rule and not the exception.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Good time-management, multi-tasking and priority setting skills to handle ever changing priorities.
- Good knowledge of computers including "Microsoft Office Suite", production programming tools "LabVIEW" and custom software tools for product programming and test.