The Audio-Visual Services Technologist provides front line (Tier 1) and second line (Tier 2) audio-visual equipment, services and support to respond to the presentation and educational technology needs of the Centennial College community. Reporting to the Manager, Audio-Visual Services, the incumbent maintains, repairs and ensures the functionality of Audio-Visual equipment in the academic computer labs, lecture theatres, classrooms and specialized labs.
- Provide front line (Tier 1) and second line (Tier 2) audio-visual equipment, services and support to respond to the presentation and educational technology needs of the College
- Maintain, repair and ensure the functionality of Audio-Visual equipment in the academic computer labs, lecture theatres, classrooms and specialized labs
- Program, change and update software for Crestron AV systems, and update AV related databases
- Provide statistics and maintain inventory of spare parts, tools, and audio-visual equipment
- Coach Media Services Technicians, Specialists and part-time staff
- Receive Audio-Visual equipment booking requests, and schedule available equipment to meet client needs
- Educate and demonstrate to clients correct usage of AV equipment
- Provide AV services and support for events and functions held by the College
- Provide AV and IT assistance and/or backup services and support for special projects
- Maintain security of AV equipment
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- 3-year Diploma in electronics engineering or related field of study plus certification in Crestron Systems (or combination of applicable education and experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing electronic equipment; instructing clients on classroom Audio visual setup and functionality; and proven experience with Audio-Visual products software changes, configuration, updates, and programming
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong customer service and conflict resolution experience
- Experience with handling multiple priorities
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going personal development and upgrading of technical skills through business activities, professional development and/or technical courses is expected.
- Ability to travel to all campuses on a regular basis required
- A valid Ontario Driver's License with access to a reliable vehicle mandatory
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
"Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer."
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by March 10, 2017 at 4:30 PM. Please quote Competition #17-S-05. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We regret we cannot accept phone calls. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC).