Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (RJC) is a professional services consulting engineering firm. Through our existing and new relationships we share our specialized knowledge with our clients, their clients, and the industry at large. With more than 400 engineers, drafters, technologists, and support staff, we serve clients across Canada and internationally. Wholly owned by our employees, RJC has a culture of giving back to our employees, our communities, and to our profession.
Having been acknowledged as a Top 100 Employer for Young People and one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers, RJC is proud to be one of the companies that leads the nation in creating exceptional workplaces. We are always searching to find the best and brightest for our team and offer career opportunities in our offices across Canada. Apply today and see what RJC has to offer.
Location: Toronto, ON
Start Date: As soon as possible
Support Project Engineer with preparing detailed structural design of commercial and residential buildings
Assist with development of preliminary structural design concepts
Investigate and document existing buildings structure components, for the purpose of developing remedial structural works
Work with the project from conceptual and preliminary stages of design through to completion
Assist with design checks for other engineers' work (portions of projects)
Ensure quality compliance for your portions of projects by maintaining design/checking notes
Conduct site visits and field services; Attend and coordinate site/field meetings
Ensure construction plans, drawings and specs meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
Write reports and review structural work under construction
Review shop drawings
Monitor construction work schedules
Coordinate project details with clients and engineers from other disciplines
Issue site instructions and change notices
Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University
- Registered or eligible for registration with provincial engineering associations (PEO)
Minimum 3 years of Structural Engineering Design experience
Applicants with experience in SAFE, RAM, ETABS & SAP preferred
Experience in consulting field an asset
- Committed to providing exceptional client service and technical excellence
- Fast learner with a keen eye for detail
- Team player with ability to work independently with minimum direction
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Hard worker who readily and quickly assumes responsibility
- Inquisitive, clear thinker who can determine what work is required and can draw rational conclusions from information available
- Able to conceptualize structural and architectural details in three dimensions
*This position includes a comprehensive group benefits package, discretionary performance bonuses, and annual salary reviews.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please visit us at www.rjc.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We appreciate the interest and efforts of all applicants; however only those short-listed as candidates will be contacted to set up an interview.
* In an effort to reduce our environmental footprint, we strongly prefer applications to be submitted electronically via our website. Thank you for your cooperation.
Upon request, accommodations are available for any persons with disabilities participating in the selection process.