The Kativik Regional Government, a supra-municipal body having jurisdiction over the territory north of the 55th parallel, notably provides technical assistance to the 14 villages of Nunavik.
The Municipal Public Works Department (MPW) of the KRG is responsible for the construction of infrastructure for the municipalities (sewage lagoons, water treatment plants, roads construction and improvement of dumpsites. The works are performed with the municipal equipment and employees under the supervision of a qualified supervisor. For the purpose of executing this agreement, KRG is currently looking for a person to fill the following position:
CIVIL WORK CONSTRUCTION SUPERVISOR
(Temporary 5 months – June to October)
Reporting to the Director of the Municipal public works department, the Civil work Construction Supervisor's duties and responsibilities will include, without being limited to:
- Ensure execution of projects in accordance with the plans, specifications and guidelines as required by the Project Manager;
- Assist the Northern Villages in planning, executing and completing seasonal projects as well as assist with the scheduling and maintenance of their heavy equipment;
- In collaboration with the municipal manager, schedule and ensure daily tasks are completed;
- Provide daily progress reports to the Project Manager and propose practical solutions to problems that may arise;
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Project Manager or the Department Director.
The selected candidate must:
- Possess a post-secondary diploma in a relevant field;
- Possess five (5) years of relevant experience in the civil works construction (roads, ponds, dams, drainage, water lines, dumpsites, fences, etc);
- Experience with surveying equipment (level, laser);
- Ability to read plans and specifications;
- Ability to operate heavy equipment;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in at least two of the following languages: English, French and Inuktitut (working knowledge of Inuktitut is a definite asset);
- Be reliable, autonomous and possess a great sense of initiative;
- Be able to work with computer is an asset;
- Possess a valid driver's license.
Work experience North of 55th parallel is a definite asset.
- Place of work: The selected candidate will be based in one of Nunavik's 14 communities for the duration of the contract and must be willing to travel throughout the region.
Salary: Min. $39 728 – Max. $67 565 per year based on 1 820 hours. Class 8
Other benefits: Room and board when traveling in other communities paid by the Employer, group insurance, etc.
Please forward your resume before 5 P.M., March 21, 2017 to the following address:
Human Resources Advisor
Kativik Regional Government
P.O. Box 9, Kuujjuaq, Quebec J0M 1C0
Fax: (819) 964-2975
KRG is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with this and with the James Bay and Northern Québec Agreement, conditions may vary to promote the employment of Inuit candidates.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.