Work in a safe, clean and technologically advanced environment.
At Canada Post, we're investing in state-of-the art equipment while redefining our relevance and transforming our company, and we're looking for skilled, innovative people – like you – to help us get there.
As a Postal Systems Mechanic, working either day, afternoon or midnight shifts, you will play a key role in keeping Canada Post's deliveries moving efficiently by performing corrective and preventive maintenance and repairs on mail- and parcel-sorting and handling equipment.
This permanent position would be of interest to Millwrights, Industrial Mechanics, Mechanical Technicians and Technologists, and similarly qualified team players. If you're an analytical troubleshooter and a skilled multi-tasker with a desire to keep learning and improving your skills, this is an opportunity to be part of our transformation, use the latest technology and work for a world leader in the postal industry. Some travel may be required.
YOUR DUTIES as a Postal Systems Mechanic will be varied. Specifically, you will:
- Perform preventive and system maintenance to ensure that equipment is operating effectively and efficiently, including troubleshooting, repair and overhaul work as well as equipment installation and removal.
- Read and interpret basic schematics, blueprints and specifications.
- Perform adjusting, repair and overhaul work as breakdowns occur, including some welding.
- Complete documentation.
- Plan and organize your daily activities.
- Communicate effectively.
- Perform any other duties that may be required.
- As required, do heavy lifting (up to 22.7 kg/50 lb) and perform maintenance routines in a variety of environments and positions (some of them awkward), including cramped spaces and heights.
You bring to the role of Postal Systems Mechanic A SUCCESSFUL TRACK RECORD that includes:
- Completion of a post-secondary program (minimum 2 years) in a mechanical or electro-mechanical field (DEC in Québec) such as Industrial Mechanic, Millwright, or Mechanical Technician/Technologist.
- Two (2) years' experience within the last five (5) years in the maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical or electro-mechanical systems and equipment testing, diagnosis and adjustment.
- Understanding of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and principles.
- Basic understanding of electronics and electrical systems and principles.
- Physical ability to safely lift items that weigh less than 22.7 kg (50 lb) in lifting heavy equipment and tools, and perform maintenance routines under a variety of conditions, including cramped spaces, heights and other awkward positions.
- Skills in operating a computer and using programs such as Windows, and MS Office.
- Ability to recommend changes in prevention maintenance procedures and practices.
- Ability to conduct investigations to determine cause of breakdowns and recommend remedial action to prevent recurrences.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to initiate work orders requesting corrective actions, report on circumstances surrounding equipment failures, and recommend measures for corrective action.
- Ability to educate other personnel on safe, effective operating procedures for the equipment and systems in use.
- Proficiency in English or French.
Note: As part of the selection process, selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process.
To apply for this job (J0317-1410) via the Canada Post Careers website, please click on the following URL: http://bit.ly/2ni1HMQ
About Canada Post
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada's largest employers, we're committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.