Data Warehouse / ETL / BI Technical Leader (M/W)
Join a digital services consulting company in rapid growth.
Expert in data warehouse application development? The proximity and understanding of your audience and their technical contexts in order to bring them the most suitable solution is your first concern? So join a team dedicated to supporting major transformation projects.
Responsible for the successful development and maintenance of several projects by acting as a Senior Tech Lead / Project Manager for new and existing in-house / vendor applications. The work will require managing projects, analyzing business requirements, interpreting and understanding technical specifications, recommending solutions and following instruction from senior management, peers, and business analysts.
Your intellectual curiosity, your optimism and your constant sharpened innovation capacity will allow you to complete the following tasks:
- Leading and managing data warehouse, database, ETL and business intelligence projects as a Senior Tech Lead / Project Manager
- Prepares and maintains documents, portfolios, studies, budgets, schedules, project plans, presentations, etc.
- Leads by example and enforces organizational policies and procedures
- Identifies new initiatives and / or recommendations for technology growth and integration
- Scopes, plans, and prioritizes multiple projects in progress simultaneously
- Knowledge of a variety of the technical / functional concepts, practices, and procedures
- Receives, analyzes, assigns, leads and directs the work of team members
- Manages, coordinates, develops and implements information management strategies / solutions
- Good working knowledge of data warehouse, database, ETL and business intelligence environments, concepts and techniques
- Review, understand, interpret and transform clearly defined technical specifications into data warehouse, database, ETL and / or business intelligence solutions
- Ability to perform detailed data analysis (i.e. determine the structure, content, and quality of the data through examination of source systems and data samples)
- Ability to perform problem analysis, structured analysis, design and programming techniques
- Use of Data Modeling, Database Query Optimization and Data Access techniques and concepts
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of data loading (ETL) and data transformation within the data warehouse and / or business intelligence environments
- Work proactively to solve issues and problems
- Provide weekly progress reports the team / project status
- Work with multiple project teams to assist in other aspects of the project
- Follow and adhere to company development standards, the software development lifecycle, vendor application / project standards and guidelines
- Embrace the opportunity to take on special projects outside of specific roles and responsibilities
The following technical skillset is required (minimum):
- Tech Lead (5+ years’ experience)
- Developer / programmer (10+ years’ experience)
- Project Management (2+ years’ experience)
- Oracle: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, MS SQL
- Unix Scripting
- ETL - Informatica Power Center, Data Quality
- Oracle: Warehouse Builder, SQL Loader, Data Pump, Data Integrator
- MS SQL Server Integration Services (MS SSIS)
- Business Objects Reporting / Development / Administration
- Other Business Intelligence Tools – (one or more of: Tableau, MS SQL Server Reporting Services (MS SSRS))
Nice to have:
- Some application development programming language
- Knowledge on development methodologies: Waterfall
- Knowledge of CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration)
- Strong leadership skills
- Team building and relationship management
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good communication skills both oral and written to be able to work with a varied user base
- Previous experience in large corporate environments (Financial / Banking)
Did you asked yourself the right questions before applying for this opportunity?
- Why join GROUPE ONEPOINT?
- What added value will you bring to the Group?
- In your opinion, what are the principal assets allowing to expend your expertise?
- In the next 5 years, what are your evolution wishes?
· Experience : 10 years’ relevant experience
· Contract : full time employee
· Reference : B19500
· Location : Montréal, Canada
Groupe ONEPOINT’s HR Recruiting team