RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE MUHC
Under the general supervision of the RI MUHC Equipment Manager, the incumbent participates in all activities related to receiving, installation, commissioning and training for new or transferable equipment. He also participates in the commissioning as well as the ongoing operations of the new hospital site.
- Works in close collaboration with the research professionals and RI MUHC Technical Services team;
- Updates the database of purchased equipment as well as older equipment moved from legacy sites;
- Looks after the identification, labelling and inventory of equipment to be transferred or to be disposed of;
- Supervises or participates in the reception, installation, secure and efficient start-up of all clinical equipment at the new site;
- Performs the repair, calibration, certification and validation of the clinical research equipment;
- Performs the preventive maintenance and the corrective maintenance of the equipment;
- Coordinates with the external supplier regarding the equipment maintenance, warranty and contracts terms and conditions;
- Organizes, implements & provides equipment training scheduled with suppliers, nursing and research staff;
- Collects pertinent information on equipment and enters them in the equipment management information system and organize related documents;
- Conducts or coordinates equipment maintenance and certification prior to expiration date and records activities accordingly;
- Provides assistance to the research team during the execution of performance tests on clinical equipment;
- Assists in the assessment of building infrastructure and building services related to the equipment, and identify deficiencies that might compromise the proper functioning of the equipment;
- Performs all necessary security and electrical safety tests for all the equipment and make sure that they are ready to be used on patients;
- Evaluates and assesses all the IT requirements for each equipment;
- Assists with the operational readiness planning;
- Provides all technical report and equipment evaluation;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Biomedical engineering degree or equivalent;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in biomedical engineering, electronic or electromechanics including at least 2 years of experience with clinical equipment;
- Good knowledge with the following equipment type: patient monitoring, Endoscopy, bronchoscopy, Surgical, OR integration, CT scan, X-ray, ultrasound, respiratory, cardiovascular, and biomedical diagnostic tools and testing equipment;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and spoken);
- Experience with technical report writing;
- Good interpersonal skills.
Status: Full time
Pay Scale: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Work Shift : From 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays (35-hour workweek)
Work Site : Glen site (1001 Décarie Boulevard) and Montreal General Hospital
NOTE: The masculine gender has been used for brevity and includes the feminine gender.