Ivanhoé Cambridge, a global real estate industry leader, invests in high-quality properties and real estate companies in select cities around the world. It does so prudently, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Founded in Quebec in 1953, Ivanhoé Cambridge has built a vertically integrated business across Canada. Internationally, the Company invests alongside key partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their respective markets.
Through subsidiaries and partnerships, Ivanhoé Cambridge holds interests in nearly 800 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail and logistics real estate sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held approximately C$56 billion in assets as at December 31, 2016. The Company is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec ( cdpq.com ), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information : ivanhoecambridge.com .
Department: Laurier Québec, Place Ste-Foy
Position type: Salaried
The Operations Supervisor's primary responsibility is to provide assistance to the General Manager and Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations of Laurier Québec and Place Ste-Foy. The incumbent ensures that the electrical and mechanical maintenance of the shopping centres and office tower is being performed properly and within the specified timeframes. He or she supervises contractors' service agreements, manages on-site technical teams and liaises with retailers and tenants to ensure they receive high-quality services.
- Ensure all activities related to the maintenance and operation of electrical and mechanical systems run smoothly and efficiently, and ensure that subcontractors adhere to the terms of applicable agreements;
- Supervise automated building systems (Metasys, PDM, etc.);
- Supervise operations, maintenance and repairs of air-conditioning, ventilation and heating systems, and ensure compliance with the preventive maintenance system;
- Coordinate, plan and execute preventive and corrective maintenance activities within the specified timeframes;
- Oversee, train and manage hourly workers;
- Maintain cleanliness and operational standards consistent with those of a first-class building in a cost-effective manner;
- Contribute to preparing operational budgets and controlling spending throughout the year;
- Prepare reports, complete purchase orders and make purchases in line with established budgets;
- Assist in hiring staff and negotiating, executing and implementing maintenance contracts;
- Collaborate with co-workers to review plans and specifications submitted by tenants and professionals, and issue comments where appropriate within the required timeframes;
- Ensure as-built plans and specification are up to date;
- Carry out administrative duties associated with the position and other tasks as assigned;
- Supervise technical staff (Engie) and all subcontractors, including those in charge of maintenance, HVAC systems, security, landscaping, snow removal and other services;
- Assist with the preparation of operations department reports;
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance throughout the site, including common areas and common land;
- Assist with follow-up on tenant complaints and special requests;
- Collaborate with the tenant coordinator and coordinate tenant construction activities on site;
- Prepare a technical report on vacated units once outgoing tenants have handed over the keys;
- Carry out emergency work in potentially hazardous situations;
- Maintain daily communication with the centre administration staff for operations activities;
- Respond to emergency calls as required.
- College diploma in building system engineering technology or relevant experience;
- Knowledge of general maintenance and building systems;
- Four to five years of hands-on experience in the maintenance/mechanical field;
- Good working knowledge of various automated building management systems;
- Experience with and knowledge of the following systems: heating, boilers, air conditioning, electrical and plumbing systems. Commitment to environmentally friendly practices and improved efficiency;
- Capacity to read and interpret mechanical, electrical and architectural drawings;
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite, AutoCAD);
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, an asset;
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent customer service skills and experience working with the public;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Service-oriented and a team player;
- Valid Quebec driver's licence;
- Availability to work weekends and statutory holidays;
- For career advancement and growth, the ability to transfer between Ivanhoé Cambridge properties is ideal.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS CHALLENGE, PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of Canada's 50 Best Employers , 100 Top Employers and 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures .