We manufacture wool bedding and latex mattresses and are looking for a technician to run and maintain our carding machine (garnet).
1. The machine - initially built in the 1950s and modified for our needs 15 years ago it is fully mechanical and driven by three main motors and three chain pully conveyors. We run natural fill for wool duvets and mattresses (Sheep wool and Alpaca wool)
- Operate and maintain the garnet machine
- Manage raw materials - open wool bales, prep wool for carding, help move and load rolls of cotton
- Assist factory staff with mechanical issues
- Bonus - operate a forklift
- Bonus - electrician training
- Bonus - small motor or mechanical training
- Bonus - previous manufacturing experience
3. Experience - any experience with maintaining a mechanical based machine. General knowledge of how carding machines work. No regular tickets or trades required. Good understanding of tools and general repairs.
4. Training - we can supply some necessary information on day to day running of the machine. Our current technician is sick and cannot work but is available for knowledge transfer.
5. Schedule/payment - Part-time with a very flexible schedule. Will work well for partial-retired worker or person looking to earn extra income. Starting @ $25/hour with an option for more based on experience.
Please, apply by email to ******@*********.*** with resume and/or detailed experience.