Quality Assurance Specialist
Winnipeg, MB, CA, R2X 1R2
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 26 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist has the primary responsbility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing, and documentation to meet all regulatroy, customer and ARYZTA requirments.
- Responsible for meeting all applicable food regulations (international, national, state, and local)
- Comply with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards
- Support the HARPC team in the implementation of an effective Food Safety plan focused on the elimination of biological, chemical, physical and economically motivated hazards from our foods.
- Responsbile for sampling, testing and documentation of the Quality Management System (QMS) including procedures, records, GMP's and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)
- Maintain the safety, legality and quality of each food and the processes used in their manufacture
- Meeting and exceeding customers requirments
- Work to reduce customer/consumer complaints for foods manufactured on site
- Reporting food safety and quality issues to supervisor
- Placing products on hold based on food safety or quality defects
- Participates in daily food evaluation to identify possible defects
- Particpates in physical bakery inspections on a weekly basis on each area, including pest control, operational methods, maintenance for food safety, sanitation, personnel practices, etc.
- Selecting food items for analysis at specified stages in the production process for evaluating compliance to specification
- Inspection methods and frequencies outlines in procedures and specifications are measured as defined
- Ensure personnel conducting testing are able to demonstrate and explain the process of testing
- Bring forward any out of compliance results appropriately to the QA Manager
- Perform pre-operational inspections and report any concerns to QA Manager
- Able to use the following instruments/measuring devices
- Metal detectors
- X-ray devices
- Moisture analyzers
- Ensure appropriate communication of food safety/ QA issues with Production department and the QA Team
- Other duties may be assigned
Skills, Experiences & Qualifications
- Effective work ethic and good communication skills both verbal and written
- Training in HACCP
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detailed orientated, and possess strong computer skills
- Completed college or universtiy program in sciences or food sciences
- 2 - 5 years expereince in the food industry
- Training in a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standar such as BRC or SQF
- Ability to work different shifts and weekends
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.