Position Title: Reliability & Process Safety Engineer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Oakbrook Terrace
Grade: Grade 05
Requisition ID: 8730
Drive global reliability improvement programs. Inclined towards an electronics engineer / data analyst / programming expert to assist with various futuristic developments in condition inspection, condition based and predictive maintenance systems. Support and evaluate current and future pilots initiated through OSI-PI, AzimaAI and i-Care and alike.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accelerate the pace of implementation of current and future reliability/OEE improvement programs.
• Identification of the current pain points and developing remediation strategies.
• Travel to regions/sites to support any critical and urgent project/effort.
• Further develop and refine strategies towards a predictive maintenance environment.
• Improve uptime and lower maintenance cost by maintaining assets optimally in the maintenance cycle.
• Building and asset life extension program to support the global capital reduction efforts.
• Assist with the global transition to AM (autonomous maintenance) systems.
• Research, scope and implement predictive and prescriptive tools to reduce human mistakes.
• Assist to reduce maintenance and food safety related incidents and risks.
• Driving and global and standardized approach
• Refine the MDI for Maintenance program, support with the relevant training and monitor SCA deliverables.
• Assist to develop maintenance SCA’s initiatives and monitor execution at plant level.
• Process safety compliance and oversight for the global maintenance network including contractors.
• Assisting with safety incident investigations and drive towards zero maintenance safety incidents.
• Development of pro-active safety training, detailed and standardized LOTO procedures which is integrated in all PM’s and Permit-to-Work systems.
• Maintenance, implementation and adoption of the Electric Motor Calculator application.
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• Tertiary qualification in field of Mechatronics Engineering, Electro-Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
• Proven capability to develop and maintain strong collaborative business relationships across global and regional functions
• Ability to influence effective decision-making with cross-functional teams
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with diversity and inclusion sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills to effectively and persuasively articulate positions (electronically and verbally) to various audiences and at all levels of the business
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks and measure progress across multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and within teams on both strategy and tactical projects with minimal supervision.
• Program management skills: identification and management of stakeholders, milestone development and tracking of progress, resource management, risk mitigation, detailed action planning, and basic familiarity with change management.
• General business insight and the ability to manage complexity within the manufacturing landscape
• Ability to propose, evaluate and motivate projects from a technical and financial perspective
• Ability to interact at various levels within the global and regional integrated supply chain
• Ability to interface x-functionally with other functions (e.g., Procurement, Finance, Engineering, etc.)
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in manufacturing, preferably the food industry
• Detailed understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing programs
• Proven safety improvement track record
• Proven track record in plant maintenance management
• Proven track record to drive results through influencing, persuading and collaboration
• Willingness to travel internationally/regionally up to 40% of available time
• Flexibility to work across multiple time zones
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical
Division: Global Supply Chain
Department: Global Maintenance
Location(s): Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto || US - United States of America : Illinois : Oakbrook Terrace
Company: McCain Foods USA, Inc.