Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Automation Engineer (0 to 4 years)
Type of position: Regular
Work location: Labrador City
By joining our team, your role as Junior Engineer will be to participate in engineering mandates in automation, instrumentation and control. Your role will be to contribute to various phases of engineering and site work. As such, you may be asked to help prepare proposals, technological choices and proposed solutions to clients. For this permanent position, we offer the
possibility of a permanent or temporary assignment (minimum of 2 years) at the
Labrador city office with a return to our offices in the Greater Montreal area
Your tasks will include:
• Develop and maintain lasting client relationships.
• Listen to clients and meet their high expectations.
• Help establish the scope of projects.
• Be an integral part of an automation team and work in concert with other disciplines, draftsman for the realization of mandates.
• Participate in the commissioning.
• Prepare plans and specifications as well as detailed engineering deliverables (P&IDs, localization drawings, I/O, loop and motor control schemes, cable and instrument lists, installation details).
• Draft reports, specifications, including construction and procurement specifications, and calls for tenders.
• Prepare datasheets and select control instruments (flow, pressure, level) and valves.
• Provide technical assistance during construction work (electrical/instrumentation).
• Perform inspections or technical surveys on-site.
• Participate in programming (PLC, operator interfaces).
Client service component
• Interact with clients and provide technical support to the team in charge of business development.
• Establish and maintain client contacts.
• Establish client needs and identify new needs throughout the project.
• Participate in commercial and technical proposal preparation.
Work Schedule : 37.5
• Committed to the firm's success
• Business acumen
• Ability to make quality decisions
• Ability to develop direct reports and others
• Bachelor of Engineering in automated manufacturing, electrical engineering or other equivalent training
• 0 to 4 years of relevant experience
• Member of a Canadian professional engineering association
• Experience in design instrumentation and control
• Experience in Rockwell control system programming (PLC, HMI, VFD)
• Interest or relevant experience in automation and instrumentation
• Asset: Participated in the detailed engineering for a mining project or in the energy sector