The General Labourer position in our Shipping department is responsible for performing a variety of tasks including: labelling material, strapping shipments and working alongside forklift drivers. This position is assigned to the shipping area and accountable for cleaning work areas and equipment and perform other tasks as needed.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
· Maintenance of the 5S Program through painting lines within the plant as needed.
· Assist with janitorial duties when janitors are absent from work.
· Perform tasks as assigned by Shipping Supervisor or designate.
· Use labelling machine to ensure material is identified
· Use straps to secure bins and shipments
· High School Diploma or equivalent general education.
· Able to use computerized equipment, such as weigh scales, labeling machines
· Able to communicate with co-workers to exchange information about tasks and to coordinate work.
·Organization skills to keep department functoining efficiently
· Ability to work mainly independently and in team to carry out tasks which require cooperation, such as lifting heavy objects.
· Learn continuously on the job through workplace training.
What Linamar Has To Offer
· Opportunities for career advancement.
· Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
· Social committees and sports teams.
· Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.