Job ID: 241880 Work Type: Full Time Permanent It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive
Job Description - Integrated System Engineering Manager (114601)Job Description Integrated System Engineering Manager - Requisition ID 114601CA-Ontario-Burlington DescriptionAbout L3Harris Technologies L3Harris Technologies is an agile global
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the
Occupational Health and Safety Inspector – Industrial
Bring your health and safety experience and knowledge gained in industrial sectors and/or health care processes to this position with the Ministry of Labour, Training and Skills Development.
What can I expect to in this role?
• enforce the Occupational Health and Safety Act including the workplace harassment provisions and the Act's regulations that includes the Health Care and Residential Facilities Regulations
• work with health and safety partners, workers, and union/management to promote safe work practices and working conditions with workers, unions and management through the Internal Responsibility System (IRS)
• conduct comprehensive inspections and investigations, and write orders and reports
• engage in enforcement activities including prosecutions
Locations: Hamilton, Kitchener, London, Mississauga, Newmarket, North York, Ottawa, Sault Ste. Marie, Scarborough, St. Catharines, Sudbury, Windsor
How do I qualify?
• you have a class "G" driver's license or equivalent as recognized by the Province of Ontario
• you have the ability to travel extensively, respond to after-hour calls, and work evenings and weekends as part of regular scheduled work
• you have French language oral communication skills at the advanced level for designated bilingual positions
• you have working knowledge of, and practical experience in, a range of industrial settings and related workplaces/processes
• you have working knowledge of a range of health and safety hazards and controls associated with mechanical processes, and chemical, biological and physical agents
• you have working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and relevant regulations
• you have knowledge of other policies, procedures, standards, or legislation relevant to the appropriate industrial sectors including, but not limited to, WHMIS, Designated Substances, Trades Qualifications and Apprenticeship Act, window cleaning, asbestos, etc. relevant to the program
• you have the ability to enforce, interpret, apply, and explain legislation
• you have experience conducting inspections and investigations including interviewing experience and experience handling evidence
• you have reasoning, evaluative and analytical skills to interpret information, assess compliance with legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, or standards, and determine strategies/actions to be taken
• Knowledge of or experience with legal, court, or quasi-judicial procedures
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you have well-developed communication skills to promote compliance, provide advice and consultation
• you have the ability to accurately document and convey confidential and sensitive information with demonstrated experience in report writing
• you have conflict resolution and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with, impact, and influence others to a logical or appropriate course of action
• you can respect differing interests and conflicting priorities in possible emotional circumstances
• you have the ability to tactfully and professionally deal with contentious and emotionally charged work situations
Other Important Skills:
• you have knowledge of or experience with computer information technology, computer databases, and business software applications.
• you have sound planning and organizational skills to co-ordinate own workload
Salary range: $1,415.00 - $1,739.00 per week
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
How to apply:
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
Collection of Information
Your personal information is being collected and will be used to determine your qualifications for employment with the Ontario Public Service, and for recruitment modernization initiatives. OPS Careers is an authorized common service in accordance with s. 6 of the Ministry of Government Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.25 and this collection of personal information is necessary to the proper administration of OPS Careers.
Please do not provide more personal information than what is asked of you. For example, do not include your social insurance number, photograph, or banking information, etc. with your application. We strongly encourage you not to provide us with information beyond that which is requested in the job posting.
If you have any questions about the collection, use, disclosure, or retention of your personal information, please contact us.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Friday, November 6, 2020 11:59 pm EST. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.