Heroux-Devtek, the world’s 3rd largest producer of landing gear, serves the civil and military aerospace markets from production facilities in North America and Europe. The Company’s longevity, flexibility, and track record for the development and implementation of innovative production systems have distinguished it as a leader in the domain. With its most recent acquisitions, Heroux-Devtek is bolstering its status as one of the foremost landing gear, actuation and hydraulic system designers and manufacturers in the global aerospace industry.
The Landing Gear Market specializes in the design, qualification, manufacture and repair and overhaul of landing gears and flight critical components to a customer base that extends from the OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) to the Operators in both the commercial and military markets.
Reporting to the Cell Leader, the CNC machinist 3rd year Apprentice is responsible of producing high quality parts in a safe, productive and efficient manner. The successful applicant will be responsible for learning all aspects of a CNC machine shop from the ground up.
Must be enrolled in an accredited college in the General Machinist trade and completed first and second year.
• Produce a quality product with a high degree of accuracy
• Machine Control which includes pull and send programs; tool change; trouble shooting; entering tool and D-Comp offsets; M.D.I.
• Understand setup sheets, tool lists and Operational Detail Sheets
• Calculate Work Offsets/Indicating
• Understand program/D-Comps, part edge and center path programming
• Tightening and clamping pressures (i.e. ‘Free State’ condition and part clamped maintaining free state)
• Cutting pressures/Boring Bar adjustments; spring pass; test cut bore; graduations on boring bar
• Calculate Work Offsets (A-Axis, B-Table)
• Tape proving new and modified programs, anticipating what the machine will do before it cuts
• Work closely with Cell leaders, peers and members of other departments to produce a high quality component
• Interface with the Quality department as necessary, ensure all aspects of AS9100 are complied with
• Perform preventative maintenance
• Perform 5-S Activities
• Perform pre-start up inspections which incorporate Health & Safety awareness
• Adherence/Compliance at all times to all Company policies and procedures
• Other duties as assigned
• Proof of registration in a recognized apprentice program in 3rd year
• Attend and excel at ministries training for apprentices
• Good math and technical ability
• Ability to work to close tolerances
• Strong attention to detail
• Maintain high level of quality in all work
• Ability to work rotating shifts days, afternoons, nights
• CNC experience
Candidates must meet security screening requirements as set out by ITAR/CGRP directives.
Education/Experience: Minimum Gr. 12/High School completion. 2nd year’s General Machinist school complete.
You enjoy challenges, teamwork an a quality working environment that evolves continuously? Developing your competencies is a priority for you? Join Héroux-Devtek and "lets grow together".
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Héroux-Devtek is an equal opportunity employer.