WHAT YOU DO AT AMD CHANGES EVERYTHING
We care deeply about transforming lives with AMD technology to enrich our industry, our communities, and the world. Our mission is to build great products that accelerate next-generation computing experiences – the building blocks for the data center, artificial intelligence, PCs, gaming and embedded. Underpinning our mission is the AMD culture. We push the limits of innovation to solve the world’s most important challenges. We strive for execution excellence while being direct, humble, collaborative, and inclusive of diverse perspectives. This is who we are at our best. One Company. One Team.
AMD together we advance_
HIGH SPEED I/O VALIDATION ENGINEER
The Datacenter Accelerated Computing Team is looking for dynamic and energetic Validation Engineers. As a key contributor to the time-to-market success of AMD’s GPU based datacenter accelerators, you will work in cross-functional teams to deliver industry leading products for Machine Learning and High-Performance Computing applications. This role focuses on High Speed I/O (HSIO) interconnect technologies (PCIE, CXL, USB, AMD Infinity Fabric™, I/O Controllers), targeting their SOC/PHY level functionalities and interactions in datacenter system topologies. The Validation Team fosters continuous technical innovation to showcase successes as well as facilitate continuous career development.
A strong technical leader capable in test content creation and execution of SOC HSIO validation (PCIE, CXL, USB, AMD Infinity Fabric™, I/O Controllers). Excellent problem solving skills are a must while exhibiting end-to-end ownership in cross-functional scenarios. You should feel comfortable to be hands-on with datacenter platforms and to work in the labs for test or debug. You will be required to drive technical deep dives into SOC designs as well as working at a system/platform level.
As a Domain Engineer, you will work on all aspects of SOC validation from pre-silicon emulation, to post-silicon Power-On, Validation, and Debug. The focus will be on the validation of HSIO interfaces (PCIE, CXL, USB, AMD Infinity Fabric™, I/O Controllers), targeting their SOC/PHY level functionalities and interactions in unique system topologies.
- Hands-on execution on datacenter platforms for test and debug work
- Develop end-to-end test strategy for pre-silicon emulation, power on/bring-up, and system integration
- Lead collaborative test approach and manage execution
- Interface closely with HW/FW design teams
- Strengthen technical capabilities of the team: SOC/system architecture, test content creation, automation development
- Build automation for execution and triage
- Validation experience in HSIO technologies: PCIE, CXL, USB, AMD Infinity Fabric™, I/O Controllers
- Relevant HSIO Experience:
- Physical aspects of I/O interfaces (SerDes PHY IP, signal integrity analysis)
- I/O protocol test and debug (credit control systems, interoperability, power features, hot plug)
- Compliance and compatibility testing an asset
- Must be strong at test automation coding in Python
- Must be comfortable operating in pure LINUX environment
- Must have strong analytical skills for test creation and debug
- Must have strong communication and collaboration skills
- Must be a self-starter and be able to independently drive tasks to completion
- Experience in developing HPC/ML applications, including standalone bare metal exercisers an asset
- Hands-on experience in high interconnected datacenter systems an asset
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Markham, Ontario, Canada
Benefits offered are described: AMD benefits at a glance.
AMD does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. AMD and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity, inclusive employers and will consider all applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective laws throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.