Programmer / System Support Analyst - Web Solutions
The Children, Youth and Social Services I&IT Cluster is looking for an IT professional to provide technical advice, guidance and support in the design, development, implementation, administration and maintenance of content and applications for web technology enabled sites.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• develop and manage the implementation of a technical solution for the strategic direction of websites, SharePoint sites and web-based applications, and support and maintain sites and applications
• develop, implement and maintain up-to-date accessibility strategies for website development and documentation
• design and coordinate the production of new pages and sections by providing specialized technical expertise and direction to web development teams
• monitor websites and SharePoint sites and conduct analysis of usage trends and user feedback to identify information gaps and areas for service improvement
• work closely with IT specialists to ensure coordination and compatibility of content development and technical site development
Location: North York
How do I qualify?
• you have knowledge of hardware and software operations and utilities, productivity tools, client server architecture, PC technologies, online processing systems and database management systems, programming languages, desktop and server-based technologies using PC-based technologies and Internet technologies, including representative programming languages (HTML, Visual Basic, ASP/.NET, Java, COGNOS) and Microsoft SharePoint
• you have knowledge of scanning software, graphic arts programs, HTML and Visual Basic Script to create and edit images, web pages and interactive forms (e.g. feedback, surveys)
• you have the ability to interpret and apply policies and directives such as the Government Publications Directive, publishing guidelines and government Internet standards (e.g. Web Accessibility Standards)
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills:
• you can provide web administration and maintenance to ensure prompt resolution of a range of problems, issues and complexities
• you are able to analyze clients' operations, business goals and objectives to develop and recommend policies, standards and procedures for operating issues
• you can research and evaluate new software/hardware products and make recommendations
Communication and Interpersonal Skills:
• you can develop and modify web content material and prepare a variety of technical documentation, including reports, systems options and training manuals, and assist business clients with issue resolution and training
• you can establish and maintain effective networks with internal and external web solution specialists and establish positive client relationships
• you are able to provide consultation and technical advice to staff on web and SharePoint related activities
Organization and Administrative Skills:
• you can set priorities, organize work activities, maintain and monitor the accuracy of client ministries' and Cluster website information
Salary Range: $1,190.65 - $1,499.37 per week
Please apply online, only, Thursday, April 27, 2017, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 106111 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario's Human Rights Code.