We are currently seeking an engaged leader, in the student transportation industry, to join our team as a Mobile Maintenance Technician.
Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Stock Transportation has decades of experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across Canada. Stock is also part of a much larger family that came together as National Express LLC (NELLC). As a leader in student transportation, National Express, LLC (NELLC) is committed to exceptional safety, outstanding customer service and positive employee relations. We are currently in search of a Mobile Maintenance Technician to support our CSC's across Canada.
- Responsible supporting maintenance needs in various locations, as required
- Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements
- Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form
- Advises Lead Technician of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse
- Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned
- Stock Transportation/National Express is committed to continually improving the skills of our workforce and distinguishing ourselves as an industry leader. For this reason, we require that every Technician participate in the ASE Blue Seal of Excellence Recognition Program by passing a series of ASE certification tests. Each newly hired Technician will be required to pass at least two ASE tests within the first 12 months of employment with an additional 2 tests by the end of 18 months of employment.
- Certified technician must possess a 310T and 310S
- ASE preferred but not required
- Minimum 3 years of fleet maintenance of heavy fleet shop maintaining repair and engine rebuilds on Diesel truck or bus technical experience
- Hands on experience of diesel and or gasoline engines within a fast paced large fleet bus, charter or trucking environment
- Ability to travel 95% of time
- Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
- General shop computer knowledge, purchasing, and budget management experience
- Excellent computer skills, Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills are a plus
Based in the GTA however travel is required to locations across Canada where needed.