Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Electrical Technician Designer / Drafter
Type of position: Regular
Work location: Toronto
Your role will be to participate in the day-to-day delivery of engineering services. You will be responsible for delivering high-quality professional services and maintaining good working relationships with clients and co-workers.
As an Electrical Technician Designer / Drafter, you will be called upon to:
- Provide engineering services and consulting work, either in a team or individually with support.
- Design and read 1-line, schematic, wiring and layouts drawings.
- Effectively use AutoCAD to create and edit electrical drawings.
- Prepare calculation notes.
- Apply established working methods and make sure they are improved upon.
- Take part in coordination meetings, both internally and with clients.
- Carry out site surveys.
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week
- Honest and trustworthy, and adhere to BBA’s ethics and values
- Possess functional/technical skills and an ability to learn
- Maintain peer relationships
- Ability to learn on the fly
- Focus on results
- Show an aptitude for self-development
- Diploma in Electrical Technology (able to be registered or currently registered with OACETT as Electrical Technician)
- 3 years of drafting experience
- Knowledge of electrical drawings (schematic, wiring and layout)
- Excellent communication skills with high competency in English (both spoken and written)
- Ability to occasionally travel on short notice, for up to several weeks at a time, where required
- Hold a valid class 5 Ontario driver’s licence
- Asset: working knowledge of 3D drafting