|Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.|
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Job title: Senior Structural Engineer - Industrial & Mining
Type of position:Regular
This career opportunity is for a self-motivated Civil/Structural Engineer who is team oriented with strong expertise and experience in design and management of industrial projects. You will lead and coordinate BBA’s consulting services in the civil/structural discipline for the Toronto office for projects in the energy and natural resources industries. By joining our growing structural engineering team, your role will be to work on one or more projects with the members of a multidisciplinary team including engineers and designers. Your engineering consulting duties include design studies and detailed technical studies. As a member of our team, you will:
· Be a leading member of a multidisciplinary team of skilled engineers, designers, and project support staff.
· Collaborate in the preparation of engineering documents for the design of works related to projects in the industrial, mining and metallurgy, energy, petrochemical, environmental and sustainable development and other sectors.
· Carry out the design of concrete and steel structures as well as foundations for buildings and equipment.
· Coordinate design activities with other disciplines (mechanical, electrical, etc.)
· Prepare proposals, technical specifications, and reports.
· Assist in the preparation of estimates, schedules, and budgets, when required.
· Assist in the planning, organization, and evaluation of work.
· Participate in the supervision of work on site, when required.
· Perform other technical functions to support the completion of projects.
· Cultivate and maintain close and harmonious relationships with the client or their representatives.
· Actively develop business opportunities.
· Coach and mentor junior/intermediate engineers and designers.
· Participate in resource planning and support recruitment activities.
· Represent BBA at conferences and professional association meetings.
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in civil/structural engineering.
· Minimum of 15 years of experience in the design of steel or concrete structures for industrial projects in the mining and energy sectors.
· Professional Engineer registered in Ontario, with eligibility to register in other Canadian provinces/territories.
· Advanced knowledge of structural analysis software: ROBOT, SAP2000, S-Frame.
· Good knowledge of current applicable design codes for industrial building structures – steel and concrete (NBC, S16.1, A23.3), and welding code W59.
· Knowledge of reading drawings.
· Knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD.
· Availability for occasional trips to our clients.
· Ability to manage small project team as a project engineer on small to mid-size multi-disciplinary projects.
· Ability to work as lead structural engineer on larger projects.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Willingness to participate in business development activities.
· Interest and ability in coaching and mentoring junior/intermediate engineers and designers.
· Self-starter who demonstrates creativity and innovation in providing solutions.
· Asset: Experience in dynamic analysis.
· Asset: Experience in finite element calculations.
· Asset: Knowledge of work site supervision.
· Asset: Bilingual (French and English, or Spanish and English).
· Entrepreneurial, client focused and quality driven.
· Proactive, takes initiative and have analytical and innovative problem-solving skills.
· Adaptable to various environments and situations.
· Comfortable presenting technical and financial information to clients.
· Regularly updating knowledge and skills to stay current in engineering and best practices.
· Lead and represent the field of expertise to various clients and stakeholders.
· Excellent understanding of theory and concepts.
· Ability to cultivate and maintain positive peer relationships.
· Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
· Ability to effectively plan time and prioritize on multiple concurrent projects.
|BBA is committed to promoting diversity and employment equity. We thank you for your interest in our firm. Please note that only those candidates selected will be contacted.|