Our people are the best part about Demetres and we're always looking for the right people to carry the tradition of excellence. Demetres is a place where good things happen. We serve brilliant desserts that are handcrafted in store, with our own craft ice creams.
At Demetres, we don't recruit for roles, we recruit for aptitude and personality. As part of our Warehouse Staff at our central kitchen, you will be responsible for accurately packing delivery orders, receiving shipments, and keeping the warehouse organized.
This position does require the ability to work in a freezer environment for extended periods of time.
This is a part-time position (~30hr/week), requiring shifts on weekdays, weekends and holidays.
- Pack, prepare for shipping, and receive shipments, including: ice cream, dry supplies, ingredients (dry and frozen), packaging, etc
- Operate electric and manual pallet jacks, & forklift for loading, unloading, and reorganizing skids (training will be provided)
- Take inventory of materials shipped or received and store properly
- Dispose of leftover packing materials such as wooden crates, pallets, and cardboard
- Additional housekeeping tasks may be required, such as light cleaning or dishwashing
- Maintain both workplace safety and food safety at all times
- Able to work for extended periods of time in a freezer environment
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while multitasking
- Able to learn quickly, follow directions, maintain a clean work environment, and be organized
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Able to clearly communicate with team members and third parties (delivery drivers)
- Able to work independently and be self disciplined
- This role requires the ability to move and lift up to 50+ lbs
This application is for Demetres Strada, at 111 Strada Drive, Woodbridge