Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
We are seeking a leader who will serve as Department Manager, Pumping and Piping, within the Mechanical discipline and who will contribute to achieving BBA's strategic objectives. The incumbent must manage the department’s human, financial and material resources and supervise the activities required to fulfill BBA's business plan and meet operational efficiency objectives.
As department manager, the incumbent would be asked to do the following:
• Oversee department activities and ensure team productivity, management and control based on the level of technical and commercial risks for various projects.
• Maintain a high level of technical quality for work performed by department resources.
• Coordinate and promote the department's business development activities, both internally and externally, in collaboration with the Business Development and Marketing group.
• Actively participate in business development by identifying opportunities and growing the client base.
• Be a member of a multidisciplinary team of specialized engineers, designers and project support staff and participate in detailed engineering activities as well as studies, reports, plans, concepts, calculations, cost estimations and specifications.
• Coordinate and help develop proposals and assess deliverables and hours to obtain mandates.
• Soundly manage human resources and develop a team of professionals specialized in pumping and piping engineering.
• Promote and develop the technical skills of department employees.
• Identify training needs and implement and monitor development plans.
• Communicate BBA's vision and strategic orientation to the group’s employees.
• Help achieve the firm’s objectives and develop the department’s operational plan based on BBA's strategic orientations.
• Assist with implementing managerial and strategic initiatives, where necessary, as a key member of BBA’s mining and metals leadership team.
• Develop and implement standard work methods in partnership with the Practice group.
• Improve the efficiency of existing processes, develop technological tools and manage innovation projects within the department.
• Promote and maintain strong collaboration across departments, regions and the country.
• Establish and maintain effective communications with the various stakeholders engaged in departmental activities and act as a resource for these stakeholders.
• Assume a leadership role in health, safety and environment issues.
• Functional and technical skills
• Honest and trustworthy, ethical and respectful of BBA values
• Committed to the firm's success
• Business acumen and internal and external entrepreneurship
• Ability to manage conflicts
• Ability to lead and motivate
• Adept at recruiting and surrounding oneself with the right people
• Ability to delegate
• Good communication skills
• Managerial courage and agility
• Structured, autonomous and very organized
• University degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
• At least 10 years of experience (five of which in consulting and personnel management)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organization
• Bilingual (English/French - spoken and written) and ability to draft texts clearly and accurately
• Asset: recognized technical expertise in piping, pumping and in the mining and metals sector