Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
You'll be part of our mechanical team specializing in pumping and piping. You'll be exposed to various situations to develop your technical skills in pumping for various industrial process applications, such as pumping water, waste and sludge, dewatering mines, cooling or heating systems and fuel pumping. You'll also be asked to play an active role in commissioning and troubleshooting pumping systems.
Your role as an engineer will be to participate in carrying out the engineering, technological selection and implementation of projects in the mining, power, biofuels and heavy industry sectors, to help identify business opportunities with clients and to draft winning proposals. You'll mainly serve in a technical role and as a project manager for the projects assigned to you. You must contribute to the firm's business development by maintaining business relationships with clients.
More specifically, in joining our team, you’ll be asked to:
• Lead and participate in conceptual design studies and detailed engineering for projects.
• Help draft technical reports.
• Lead the design of plans, specifications and details executed by a work team.
• Carry out design calculations and ensure that drawings meet guidelines as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
• Prepare lists and bills of materials in accordance with codes, standards, drawings and other established methods while complying with the firm’s quality system requirements.
• Make recommendations for establishing standards and practical applications.
• Help more experienced personnel with the technical aspects of complex tasks.
• Coordinate the work of drafters or other team members.
• Assign and review the work of less-experienced engineers, technicians and support staff.
• Make technical choices about the concepts to establish, provide recommendations and make important decisions on highly technical or complex issues.
• Ensure that work complies with budgets, estimations, procedures and schedules.
• Coach, support and train younger engineers under your supervision.
• Plan, organize, lead and coordinate projects.
• Produce technical data sheets.
• Participate in commissioning and troubleshooting systems.
• Participate in onsite technical audits.
• Participate in drafting proposals.
• Identify business needs.
Work Schedule: 37.5
• Proficient in pumping problem solving
• Good communication skills
• Ability to maintain positive peer relationships and work as a team
• Demonstrate rigour
• Ability to negotiate
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical or chemical engineering and member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec
• From 10 to 15 years of experience
• Mechanical engineering experience in the heavy industry, energy or mining sectors
• Solid knowledge of one or more of the following fields: pumping, piping and stress analysis
• Available for short-, medium- and long-term travel outside the office.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite and other applications as well as databases and interfaces
• Relevant experience in project management, cost estimates, drafting technical reports and troubleshooting
• Bilingual (English and French)
• Knowledge of digital simulation software (AFT Fathom, PIPE-FLO or other)
• Asset: ASP Construction card