Working for BBA means being part of a team of talented people who have the passion to succeed and the drive to excel in order to provide first-class service to clients.
Recognized for its extensive field experience and cutting-edge expertise, BBA has been delivering a comprehensive range of consulting engineering services for 40 years, from studies and design to commissioning and operational support. Our firm is supported by a network of offices across Canada to carry out mandates at the local, national and international levels.
BBA provides a stimulating and friendly working atmosphere. We focus on building teams with complementary talents and provide employees with a work environment conducive to developing their skills.
BBA is a Canada's Best Employer recipient from Kincentric and is part of the prestigious Platinum Club of the Best Managed Companies, which unites companies that have held onto their title for over six consecutive years. For BBA, making the list speaks to the rigour of our practices and our unique approach to employee and client relations.
To find out more about BBA, follow us on LinkedIn and connect with our talent acquisition specialists.
Type of position: Regular
· Lead regional marketing and business development for the rail sector by seeking out new opportunities through networking, referrals and market research with clients in the Canadian market.
· Develop a healthy opportunity pipeline for work in the sector.
· Be attentive to clients and meet their high expectations.
· Assist in generating proposals and delivering presentations to clients.
· Provide specialist technical input, leadership and management for projects.
· Maintain and grow the quality of professional services.
· Maintain relationships with the pool of BBA experts in and out of the Montreal office and ensure they are put to use where appropriate to bring value and innovation.
· Plan and coordinate work, from studies to commissioning.
· Lead and review specifications, tenders and reports.
· Share technical knowledge in your field of expertise.
· Define client needs and identify new needs as the project progresses.
· Enthusiasm for business development
· Proactive and client-oriented; seize opportunities when faced with a challenge
· Ability to maintain positive peer relationships
· Committed to the firm’s success
· Business acumen (internal/external entrepreneurship)
· Organizational agility
· Passion and aptitude for training and mentoring junior engineers as well as for sharing experience and expertise with other engineers
· University engineering degree in relevant study of program
· Currently registered or be eligible for registration with regulatory body like OIQ, PEO, etc.
· More than 15 years of experience in the rail industry and/or related utilities in Canada
· Experience leading engineering design
· Relevant professional business network
· Ability to meet a strong demand for high-quality, organized and consistent results
· Recognized for high level of technical skills and practical ability to solve problems
· Excellent communication skills and highly proficient in French and English (both spoken and written)
· Travel to client operations is required nation wide