Position Title: Global Project Management Engineer
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Florenceville Main
Grade: Grade 06
Requisition ID: 8733
This role needs to drive Project Management Excellence across the engineering organization to ensure that we are delivering projects that are fit for purpose while delivering a competitive advantage to the business. This role will own the project management standards and will support project teams in their use by providing training, coaching and oversight on major projects. The role will require travel to ongoing major projects to provide coaching and support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ownership of the Project Management standards, update and refresh these tools with inputs from the lessons learned process, industry learnings, etc.
• Oversight of Project Scheduling (Best Practices, Software etc)
• Oversight of EPCM Strategy and Execution (Best Practices, Optimization, Strategic Partners etc)
• Accelerate the development of a PM training & on boarding package.
• Deliver training to new engineers & to project teams.
• Drive the use of the Front-End Engineering process for Major Projects to ensure we are getting the right input and alignment to set the projects up for success.
• Travel to ongoing major projects to provide coaching and support.
• Maintain global project scorecard (gather and track monthly project status updates for projects over 100K, analysis of resourcing requirements globally).
• Drive the use of technical steering committees for major projects to ensure that we are following standards and change management procedures.
• Ownership of the lessons learned process and ensure the learnings are being shared globally and directed to the appropriate teams (technical, project management, SuM)
To perform this position successfully, the individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
• University Degree in Engineering.
• Proven capability to develop and maintain strong collaborative business relationships across global and regional functions
• Ability to influence effective decision-making with cross-functional teams
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with diversity and inclusion sensitivity
• Excellent communication skills to effectively and persuasively articulate positions (electronically and verbally) to various audiences and at all levels of the business
• Ability to effectively delegate tasks and measure progress across multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and within teams on both strategy and tactical projects with minimal supervision.
• Program management skills: identification and management of stakeholders, milestone development and tracking of progress, resource management, risk mitigation, detailed action planning, basic familiarity with change management.
• General business insight and the ability to manage complexity within the manufacturing landscape
• Ability to propose, evaluate and motivate projects from a technical and financial perspective
• Ability to interact at various levels within the global and regional integrated supply chain
• Ability to interface x-functionally with other functions (e.g., Procurement, Finance, etc)
Required Length & Type of Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Project Management.
• Proven track record to drive results through influencing, persuading and collaboration
• Experience delivering training would be considered an asset.
• Willingness to travel internationally up to 25%
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Engineering & Technical
Division: Global Supply Chain
Department: Global Capital & Project Management
Location(s): Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : New Brunswick : Florenceville-Bristol || CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto || US - United States of America : Illinois : Oakbrook Terrace
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)