Position Title: Brand Manager, Innovation Potato
Position Type: Temporary - Full-Time
Position Location: Toronto HQ
Requisition ID: 8592
McCain knows the importance that food plays in people's lives – the power it has to bring people, families and communities together. That's why our purpose is celebrating real connections through delicious, planet-friendly food. We do this by succeeding together with our teams, business and community partners around the world - because we know when we work and grow together, we succeed together. Be a part of our family.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing Innovation, the position of Marketing Manager is responsible for driving a portfolio of McCain innovation initiatives, as well as, leading long term innovation strategy planning and development.
• Leading all aspects of key new product launches including product development, packaging design and liaising with insights team on consumer/operator research.
• Understanding the marketplace through analyses of consumer research, syndicated data & market trends and uncovering relevant consumer/operator insights for new product launches & future innovations.
• Lead cross-functional groups consisting of McCain manufacturing operations, R&D, sales and affiliated companies to bring new products to life in Canada through a stage-gate process.
• Prioritization of opportunities with a keen focus on commercial viability, incrementality, and ROI is essential.
• Develop strong presentations consisting of detailed business case to be presented to senior management and key stakeholders.
What will make you successful in this role:
• Minimum 5 years of product marketing experience with a background in consumer brand marketing
• Demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
• Knowledge and experience of managing a P&L.
• Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritize and multi-task against several complex projects at one time.
• Knowledge and understanding of Stage Gate process for innovation initiative management.
• Excellent organizational, time management and project management skills.
• Ability to lead cross functional projects and teams.
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills; able to foster open communication and engage/influence others.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (including strong presentation skills), analytical ability, independent decision making and business vision.
• Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and complex environment.
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Passion for, and understanding of, food industry preferred.
• Nielsen MarketTrack knowledge preferred.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Marketing
Division: NA Potato
Department: Marketing - Innovation NA
Location(s): CA - Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)